1958 Ford F100 with a Chevy 350

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1958 Ford F100 with a Chevy 350

siftwork siftwork
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/14
Posted: 02/03/14
10:26 PM

This is probably a simple question, yet I to be sure.  Will "universal" cable work for the speedometer when attaching from a Chevy 350 V8 automatic engine to a 1958 Ford F100 original instrument panel?  I need to get the speedometer working, any assistance will be appreciated.  Confused  

wayne712222 wayne712222
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 02/04/14
10:27 PM

i might be able to help..

can you give me an idea of what size the connector is at the speedometer????

and how long a speedo cable is you need.. without any tight bends..

i happens to have a catalog that has a list of speedo cables by length and connection in an older computer nearby..

there are also several speedometer cable companies who can make custom cables for not a lot of cash.. but

you might also want to look up speedometer shops near you .. as they can whip up a cable out of stock components right in their shop in 20 minutes..

looks like 58 ford pickups use a 70 inch cable..  so thats one measurement..  unless the original plugged into the passenger side of the transmission tail housing..  where the chevy will plug into the drivers side..

the thread sizes on the back of the speedometer should be 5/8" 18 threads per inch..  this is going to make it easier..

you might want to try a CA-3004 from pioneer at many AZ stores...
Part Number: CA-3004
Alternate Part Number: 03011

its 80 inches long.. but it MIGHT FIT..  its only 11 bucks and many stores keep it in stock...