Custom Classic Trucks
Click here to find out more!

85 C10 Silverado Wrong window regulator?

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

85 C10 Silverado Wrong window regulator?

morleybc morleybc
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/14
Posted: 02/26/14
05:40 AM

Hello, I have a 85 C10 with power windows i just bought.The passenger window kept binding up up then quit.When I removed it I notice that one of the arms of the regulator was not in the door track. I installed a new motor and installed the regulator on it the exact same way as it was with the bad motor except I placed the arm back into the track that is on the door frame. Now it only goes down half way.So originaly the window was going up and down while the are was out of the track.To me I think it is either a wrong regulator that was installed or I have put the wrong reulator arm in the track. Can someone shed some light on this for me. Maybe some physical measurements of the regulator arms from roller to roller and then the correct placement of which arm goes into the track? Thanks!!  

wayne712222 wayne712222
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 02/28/14
06:50 AM

did the window slide freely up and down inside the track with the regulator removed???

could be the glass is binding in the tracks..  

there are shorter arm window regulators for the rear doors of a crew cab pickup.

if you have the old regulator.. compare with that.. i don't have one laying around to take measurements from ..

check also the door lock rods.. once in a while they will get snagged and catch in the window as it tries to move up and down..

8289Chevytruckinternaldoor Zps49f666b9

let us know what you find.. your answer will  help others..