Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Special customizing project in Mexico

profdon profdon
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/05/13
07:15 PM

Hi all,
New guy here, I'm not a hard core gearhead but am reasonable mechanically aware. So I'm asking advice from you all with experience in customizing. I have a kind of unique situation, I live in a really safe area of Mexico BUT I want to fix up my 1993 Ford 150 4X4 and keep it running for several more years. Here's the problem, the F-150 is the most frequently stolen truck in Mexico. What I'd like to do is to keep the exterior as it is, beat to *** lots of dings and dents, pealed paint etc. BUT turn it, under the hood and inside, into a real beast. Big mill, mucho macho tranny and diff. with suspension/steering to match. Super comfy seats w/sharp interior,  AC, stereo GPS etc. So , with that said, I am open to any and all opinions, ideas, suggestions, ETC. the budget is not unlimited but generous and here a buck goes a long way, I have a topnotch mechanic's shop and upholstery shop available (they would send an OSHA inspector into shock but they do great work Smile ) I'm looking forward to your ideas about getting max bang for my bucks. What would you do if it was your's? As I said, where I live it is really safe but on occasion I have to drive back up to the U.S. and that requires traveling in less than secure areas near the border, I want to be able to put my foot in the carburetor and blow anything off the  road!
Thanks in advance.
Don