1955 Chevy Frame Swap

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1955 Chevy Frame Swap

nick.kiefer nick.kiefer
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/05/12
01:22 PM

I have a 1955 Chevy, second series, short bed. I've been told it's a pretty easy swap to an S10 frame. Has any one done it and how much is involved?
Thanks  

gtojoel gtojoel
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 01/01/13
08:38 PM

I am in the process of putting my 51 on a 95 s10 chassis and running gear.
it depends on whether you just want to use the s10 chassis or the complete rolling chassis like I am doing.

I purchased a chassis swap KIT from info@e-zchassisswaps.com. They can provide the required body mounts and associated parts to do the conversion. I had to remove 7" from the s10 rear frame and some from the fron frame to make it work. EZ Chassis Swaps provided good information to aid in the exchange.
Modifiying the chassis and placing the new mounts is the easy part of the whole process, they even send new engine mounts to position the motor correctly. I'm using the engine, trans, and rear end in the conversion.  I wanted the conveniece for power brake and steering.I decided to retain the electronic ignition and to use the wiring from the s10.
The wiring has become a challenge since its near impossible to find literature with wiring schematics. Been working on mine for the past year and am getting closeto finishing. Did all the work myself.