1956 3100 chevy truck. help!

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1956 3100 chevy truck. help!

REGSAMUSIC REGSAMUSIC
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/12
Posted: 05/08/12
10:14 AM

Hi all!! hope some one can help me with this.. please!
I am trying to restore my 1956 3100 chevy truck. first time!  
I need to know what front suspension is the best way for this truck?
mustang II?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TCI-55-59-CHEVY-TRUCK-MUSTANG-II-POWER-2-DROP-FRONT-SUSPENSION-IFS-BONUSES-/300602272615?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1956%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ATruck&hash=item45fd4aab67&vxp=mtr

also I have a 1994 Z28 camaro for parts. can some one tell me if I can use the transmission, engine, rear suspension and diferential for this truck??  
or maybe a nother parts from this camaro?
the engine that came in this truck is a chevy 327, which one is better for this truck? the 327? or the 350 LT1?
thanks a lot for your time and help guys!
best regards.

Reginaldo.  

trut1 trut1
Posted: 05/12/12
08:49 PM

Reginaldo
The Mustang 11 IFS is a good choice if you are looking for a good ride and lowering a couple and even have disc brakes along with power steering. With the IFS you will need to weld in the front cross member. It all goes back to how much you want to spend, I've restored/customized one of these and its best if you spend a little extra and it looks great also. The 350 LT1 is a great choice just study the type of headers you will need. I'm not sure the rear end differential (mines 342) but if you are using the housing and all 56" from axle plate to axle plate will be great and the 700R trans is good choice, transmission mount may have to be backed shortly (just not sure. Speedway Motors can help you a lot they have support people that do this everyday..Good luck and keep me posted  

REGSAMUSIC REGSAMUSIC
Posted: 05/14/12
02:23 PM

hi there!
thank you so much for your attention!
I am going to order this mustang II suspension
this is going to be a lot fun! ( I hope  Grin )haha
one of the things that bothers me is the differential, i don't know if this going to fit but I will give it a try!
best regards!

Reginaldo