1939 chevy truck missing from corsicana texas

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1939 chevy truck missing from corsicana texas

born2cruise born2cruise
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/06/09
08:11 PM

1939 chevy half ton truck. taken from private property in corsicana,tx truck was in gray primer, all fenders and running boards were removed and in bed of truck. had small dent in top of cab on passenger side. right side front bumper mount was broken, left headlight mount bracket was broken. gear shift knob was black with SOUTHERN SELECT BEER ad. right rear fender had hand painted white flames that a 14 year old boy (me) put on there in 1973. left front fender was from a 40 model chevy ( has holes for park light). rear bumper was home made wrap around. this truck was complete with all interior panels, floor inserts everything was there! here is the crazy part. truck has been missing for 10 years,and i have been looking for it since,but i just found this forum. I will pay a $1000. reward for information that leads to the recovery of this truck. Any info please contact me...903-493-0361 if no answer please leave msg, I WILL return your call.  

mpayne mpayne
Administrator | Posts: 561 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/13/09
11:38 AM

Sorry to here about your truck, hope you find it.  

born2cruise born2cruise
Posted: 10/13/09
05:25 PM

Thank you. It`s very frustrating.  

mpayne mpayne
Administrator | Posts: 561 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/14/09
12:20 PM

I bet it is. Never had a vehicle stolen but I can only imagine how frustrating it would be.  

born2cruise born2cruise
Posted: 10/14/09
03:49 PM

yep.. the first couple of months were spent driving around looking in peoples back yards, talking to people who lived in the area( and nobody saw anything)put ads in the paper, i was on a local radio show offering a reward, looked at swap meets. i figure with the internet postings maybe the right person will see it , who knows. the truck belonged to my father and holds a big place in my heart. i probably will be looking until the day i die. just so you will know, he kicked me in the butt when  he saw i had painted flames on his truck.