Ad Radar
Custom Classic Trucks
Click here to find out more!

Frame Shortening

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

Frame Shortening

AlexnChi AlexnChi
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 07/11/07
03:59 PM

I have a similar project as "Project Get Shorty" in the July 2007 issue. In the article there are "C" channel frame stiffeners from Classic Performance Products referenced that I need. I searched the CPP website with negative results and a phone call to CPP customer service was also negative for the "c" channel sections. CPP said "they don't sell them".

I have a 1954 Chev 3100 and I need to strengthen the frame in the area of the front cab mounts. The  frame is slightly over 5 inches top-to-bottom in that area.

Does anyone know where I can purchase/ order simliar "c" channel sections?

- Alex   Confused  

Haze Haze
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 07/18/07
04:46 PM

look like there aint much help around here buddy... well i dont really know. but hate for you not to get any responce  
1965 gmc truck
no mods yet
327 hooker header
kn air filter

Lewisk Lewisk
Enthusiast | Posts: 376 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 07/19/07
09:28 AM

Yea, Im not too sure about the answer. I can ask around the office or maybe John can  help out...  

John Gilbert John Gilbert
Guru | Posts: 1148 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 07/20/07
02:40 PM

Hey Guys,

This post was also sent directly to me at my office. I responded right away, and had Cody follow up with a solution as well. I don't want people thinking we don't pay attention to inquiries and it's nots too cool for guys to imply that we don't.

When we don't jump back with an answer it's because we don't know it off the top of our head. Unlike the general public we can be held accountable for a wrong answer.

So in short, yes the editors of Custom Classic Trucks do read the forums every day, and yes we are doing what we can.


John and Cody