1966 GMC chrome parts and rims

Custom Classic Trucks
Item Posts    Sort Order

1966 GMC chrome parts and rims

Paul S Paul S
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/10/06
03:47 PM

I just picked up a nice rust free 3/4 ton truck, but it is ugly white(everything is white on it).It is complete and original anyways.  I have been looking to find some chrome pieces such as grilles and healight bezels,etc., but I find a lot of Chevy stuff, but not much GMC specific stuff.  Can someone please tell me which companies makes QUALITY reproduction chrome grilles for my truck or should I just get it rechromed and by WHO that does QUALITY work.  Is there anyplace in Minnesota that does QUALITY rechroming?  My last question is I have 2001 GMC 2500HD and I was wondering if those rims will fit since both trucks are 16 inch 8 hole rims.  My 2001 rims say are 6.5 inch width.  Will I have to make any modifications or buy any extra parts?? Please tell me exactly since I am no mechanic and new to this.  I love GMC trucks. I have a '77 plow truck also.  thank you for your help  

John Gilbert John Gilbert
Guru | Posts: 1148 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 11/13/06
05:15 PM

Tucker's in Las Vegas has exchange grilles for your GMC. Their ad is in the back of CCT.

Off-hand, (I could be wrong) I'd say the wheels will interchange. The fast way to find out is to try them on for size.

Hope this helps,

John  

Paul S Paul S
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/14/06
08:53 PM

Thanks, are you saying that I could send my grille in to Tucker's and they will give me someone elses that has been rechromed or refurbished??  Do they have remanufactured replicas or N.O.S. ones??  

John Gilbert John Gilbert
Guru | Posts: 1148 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 11/15/06
08:55 AM

I can't speak for them, so just call or email and talk to Cody, he'll tell you everything you need to know.